nafex - Re: [NAFEX] The Edwardian response

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] The Edwardian response
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:51:50 -0400

I would be happy to try it on a few plums---- Just have to keep the deer away!
Be happy to get the details.

Karen

On Tuesday, June 6, 2006, at 07:16 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

So here is a new thought, as I never run out of hare-brained ideas. This is a question for everyone else in the group. I am looking for a volunteer who has a few plums to spare. I would like to know the results of applying a triangular shaped paper that encloses a plum. The plum would be totally encased, but there would be a bit of air flow. I suspect this will impede any insect damage, but I am curious on how the fruit will come out. I have tried paper bags and been unhappy with the results. But I suspect that the air circulation was very poor. I now use this method on apples and I am very, very satisfied with the results, although I am still fine tuning it {I am simply using newsprint and strangely I find the colored non-glossy paper “seems” to work slightly better – I suspect it is smellier when wet}.

If anyone volunteers I shall send them set of .jpg s that detail how to apply the paper to make the triangle. Any volunteers? I simply do not have anything left to experiment with.

the fluffy bunny