nafex - [NAFEX] The Edwardian response

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] The Edwardian response
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:16:54 -0700

The ever wonderful Ed writes:

Fluff:

Good to read your rants and observations. Yes, curculio do fly. In
heavy feeding situations they'll feed on any area of the fruit. I saw this
random feeding this spring on an edible crab.

My gut says it depends on curculio populations. If heavy there will
damage.

Sorry, but that is about it.

My reply:

No need to be sorry; I wanted the truth you provided it.

So here is a new thought, as I never run out of hare-brained ideas. This is
a question for everyone else in the group. I am looking for a volunteer who
has a few plums to spare. I would like to know the results of applying a
triangular shaped paper that encloses a plum. The plum would be totally
encased, but there would be a bit of air flow. I suspect this will impede
any insect damage, but I am curious on how the fruit will come out. I have
tried paper bags and been unhappy with the results. But I suspect that the
air circulation was very poor. I now use this method on apples and I am
very, very satisfied with the results, although I am still fine tuning it {I
am simply using newsprint and strangely I find the colored non-glossy paper
“seems” to work slightly better – I suspect it is smellier when wet}.

If anyone volunteers I shall send them set of .jpg s that detail how to apply
the paper to make the triangle. Any volunteers? I simply do not have
anything left to experiment with.

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====