nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asimina triloba

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asimina triloba
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:24:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/06 11:48:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mauch1@aol.com writes:

.  The flowers I think that are best for receiving the pollen are starting to turn red, whose stamen 'ball' is still green and round.

Please allow me to add, the stigma will have a wet look from a sticky substance when it is receptive. I like to take a small vile such as prescription bottle, hold it under flowers with the stamen ball gray or black and with a toothpick gently run it around the stigma being careful not to break it off. Do this under several flowers. You will see in the bottle a mix of anthers and pollen. Now take a Q tip, dip in the bottle then touch the stigma of receptive flowers. Works well, I've done it many years.

Jerry

  • [NAFEX] Asimina triloba, mauch1, 05/26/2006
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] Asimina triloba, Jwlehman, 05/26/2006