nafex - [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu persimmon in bloom

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu persimmon in bloom
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 05:57:04 -0500

I have a Hana Fuyu kaki persimmon growing in my backyard. (zone 6). Been in ground for 3 years now. This year I noticed that it has few blooms. I don't have any other variety that is ready to bloom yet. I want to make sure the flowers get pollinated. Is it reliably self-fertile, or will need another variety or a male to set a decent crop? Should I try hand pollination?

Thanks

Bassem Samaan

E. Pa, Zone 6