nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp Questions

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp Questions
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:16:41 -0500

Doreen,

We have the exact same honeycrisp on same root stock plantd in the same year and are training to vertical axe. We remove all fruit on 1 year old wood at second leaf and hand thin remaining fruit to 6" apart. At 3rd leaf we let them completely fruit. They hold up to the weight of the fruit just fine.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>