nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nutrient testing lab

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nutrient testing lab
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:45:26 -0500

We also use A&L Great Lakes Labs in Ft. Wayne, IN at www.algreatlakes.comat Royal Oak Farm.  We have used them since 1993 and they are great to work with.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:05 AM

In a message dated 5/13/2006 12:02:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, machelp@attglobal.net writes:

Getting levels of boron, zinc and copper are obviously more than
the typical university N-P-K and Ph test...so where should I look to get
these useful soil tests?

A&L Great Lakes Labs in Ft. Wayne, IN does. They are at www.algreatlakes.com.

They will send the bags. You can download the forms and use your own dirt bags. They can send the results as an attachment to an e/m. I've used them now for several years. Their S3 soil test is for Sulfur, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper and Boron. The cost is about $12 per sample. I've used them for several years.

Jerry