nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Miller Nursery is sneaky

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Miller Nursery is sneaky
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:24:27 -0400

On May 13, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Naomi wrote:

Millers sent me bareroot plants with totally insufficient root. I told them
about it and they did nothing.
Naomi

If they die, call back and Miller will replace them. A close friend bought raspberries from Miller. Later that season, she sprayed the poison ivy growing below the raspberries and (surprise!) the raspberries died. She complained to Miller and they sent her new plants, courtesy of their no-questions-asked guaranty. I don't know if she told them about the roundup, but I know she didn't lie about it, either.

I wouldn't have the chuztpah to complain to the nursery about something like that, but she did, and I was impressed by their response.