nafex - Re: [NAFEX] finches in apple trees

  • From: "Jim Cooper" <JCooper@lewiston.k12.id.us>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] finches in apple trees
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:38:33 -0700

I've tried to feed, then I've stopped feeding the birds, and I have seen
little difference in the bird damage to the fruit as it ripens. I do net
the cherries to get some fruit, without I'd have little or none. I have
had birds eating the peach blossoms and I get mad until I see I still
have to thin lots more!

I would guess that they get only a few buds and you will get blossoms.
and then fruit!

Jim
Zone 6
N. Idaho

>>> akmanty@localnet.com 05/12/06 3:12 PM >>>
These "lovely" little birds are picking at the buds; probably won't
blossom now, so no flowers left to be pollinated. Anyone have similar

experiences and what did they try? I can't quite see netting these
trees, but maybe that's the only way; never heard of a "bird
repellent".

sites.
permission!

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**