nafex - Re: [NAFEX] No peaches this year

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] No peaches this year
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 06:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

I was visiting my mother in Iowa 4b/5a a few weeks ago
and a normally very reliable local seedling peach tree
she has right next to a concrete patio area adjacent
to the house lost all the fruit buds this year except
two branches overhanging the patio. Must have been
just enough temperature difference at a critical time
to save them.