nafex - Re: [NAFEX] No peaches this year

  • From: "Whipple, Andy" <ANWHIPPLE@TAYLORU.EDU>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] No peaches this year
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:43:13 -0400

Likewise I’m in 5b in east central Indiana, too far from the lakes to have their moderating effects.  My experience over two decades of trying to grow peaches is that perhaps one in three years I have a chance at a peach crop.  As per Scott this appears to be one of those crop years, unless a very late frost, plum curculio, or a hailstorm intercedes.

Andy Whipple