nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seeking advice about paw paws

  • From: Chex <ricechex@rocketmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seeking advice about paw paws
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

In South Eastern Iowa there is a test plot of 28
grafted varieties (7 of each) surrounded by
pawpaw seedlings at the Chinquapin Bluffs
Recreation Area near Columbus Junction, Iowa.
You could collect seeds there this fall (leave
some for the rest of us).

redfernfarm@lisco.com
(319)729-5905 Red Fern Farm
13882 I Ave Wapello, IA 52653
http://www.redfernfarm.com/tree03.htm

has pawpaw trees for $6.00 and the are not far
from you. They could probably help you with the
location of Chinquapin Bluffs as well.

http://tollgategardens.com/
has a nice selection of pawpaws and I believe is
run by the family of Corwin Davis who did a lot
in the field of pawpaws.

http://www.geocities.com/nuttreegordon/0Kgordon.htm
has the zimmerman pawpaw that Lee Reich
reccomends if you can figure out his Nut Tree
Gordons web site.

hope this helps.

Chris, zone 5 IL