nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Serenade antifungal

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Serenade antifungal
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:30:32 -0700

The results I’ve had have been very good.  I don’t know how cost effective it is over 20 acres.  It’s a bacterial spray, and as it ‘infects’ the plant, the effects seem more like those one would get with a systemic fungicide; but unlike most (all?) systemics, this one is organic.

I have been curious about cost effectiveness, and read up a little bit last month.  Not that any of that info is still in my memory… except that it’s broad spectrum, requires fewer applcations, and can be applied with sulfur fungicides, all of which help reduce the cost.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate