nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Early apple, Liveland Raspberry

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Early apple, Liveland Raspberry
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

This gave me more pause than most of what I've read on the list. I've lived
in s.WI
(a county or 2 away from Steve's place) all my life, interested in the
different
accents but never thought much about this one. word The R & the A are more
important, the A sounding close to the A in Yeah; the S is almost immaterial.
Usually closest to Rass, but Zs are often only implied by use of an S sound.

More interesting, what you hear from the older & more rural people is "pick
berries"
or "berry picking", w/o mention of kind because of coure you know what's in
season.