nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Primocane blackberry survival

  • From: Philip Stewart <philstewart24@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Primocane blackberry survival
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

Here in North Florida, I have the opposite issue with
Prime-Jim and Prime-Jan: I can ripen a good floricane
crop, but the primocane crop gets cooked by the summer
heat and I wind up with a handful of lame little
berries. If you don't mind getting nothing out of the
floricanes, though, they seem to do well for me. Both
appear to be quite low chill (Prime-Jim a little lower
than Prime-Jan). They look to be significantly lower
chill than Arapaho and Tupi, probably somewhere in the
vicinity of 200 hours.