nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Primocane blackberry survival (was Doyle)

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Primocane blackberry survival (was Doyle)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:14:07 EDT

Richard and all,  I obtained some of the Prime Jan and Prime Jim  blackberries last spring and put them out. I have had very good results with them, except I think I "tipped" them a bit too much, too late. The Jans did very well but the Jims were a bit too late. We had an early hard frost that ended the season early with many blossoms and unripe fruit on the plants. The ripe berries that I got were really great.

I ordered more this Spring and have planted them. I left three plants of each unpruned to see how they will produce the early crop. I'll let you know later.

Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A