nafex - Re: [NAFEX] seed germination temperatures

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] seed germination temperatures
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:56:13 +0000

A friend who grows a lot of native stuff says just leave the trays outside, from fall right thru spring & into summer. That way the seeds can choose their own preferred time/ temperature/ light for germination. (Rodent protection is then the only puzzle!)

Other observation: as my tray-storage area fluctuates now between 50 & 60 F, the flowering-crab (true crab-- makes clusters of berries) is germinating like weeds.