nafex - [NAFEX] seed germination temperatures

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] seed germination temperatures
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:58:38 +0000

Last fall I planted trays of fruit seeds. Amelanchier (Timm, Success offspring or similar), pear (bartletts & OP crosses), black cherry, clove currant, and several apples. The area I stored them didn't get more than a week of freezing, and went above 40 F only once thru winter. When I inspected them, the clove current was mostly an inch tall, and some of the apples were starting.

I recall reading somewhere that Ribes are difficult to germinate. Maybe a cooler temperature is called for.