nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nursery site advice?

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nursery site advice?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:57:05 -0800 (PST)

Heron-- Plenty of other things to worry about! Like what kind of vehicle
will you
use for hauling plant material in, and the dug trees out again, and tools, and
water, and deer protection... I don't think the effect (IF ANY) of slope on
trees'
internal structure will warrent any consideration after these other problems.

every tree has naturally. I am wondering if I will be altering for all future
growth
of the woody stock the orientation of the woody internal structure by growing
on a
sloped field. I also wonder about root formation and the uphill attachment
versus
the downhill bracing. Maybe I am concerned too deeply about trees which will
only be
grown in these conditions for 2-3 years? The future customer planting site
will
correct and alter any nursery established fiber weight distribution and
rooting?