nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nursery site advice?

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: <breen@fedcoseeds.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nursery site advice?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:27:11 -0600

Heron,

We have trees planted on many different slopes here at Royal Oak farm Orchard. Our better apples seem to come from the trees on the steepest slopes. Go figure! There can be no way to know where your trees will be planted after they leave the nursery. We are surrounded by nurseries here in McHenry County, Illinois growing all sorts of trees on all sorts of sloping land since we are so near the Lake Geneva, WI moraine area. As mentioned, this is probably one of the least of potential issues. Good Luck!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Heron Breen" <breen@fedcoseeds.com>