nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.)

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.)
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:28:36 -0800 (PST)

I was at that field day too. Was the S.B. juice the bottles which looked
like thick
orange juice? Of course my notes are far away from this computer, but I
remember
that juice was FANTASTIC. There were 2 quite different varieties, but I
think the
main dif in flavor was because one was earier-maturing and therefore more
ripe on
Aug 30. If this is the stuff I'm remembering, I had 2 or 3 servings, and then
sampled fruit off the bushes, then sought out more of the juice at day's end.
The
fruits on the bushes were closely associated w/ long needle thorns, and I'd
prefer
to grow the earlier-ripening cultivar, but YES grow some!