nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.)

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.)
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:43:44 -0500

I grow it and have tasted it. Straight off the bush, it is very tart but still has a very good other flavor. I've tasted a drink made from it, sent to me by Jim Gilbert of One Green World, and it was delicious. Rich flavor, sweet tart (it was, of course, sweetened.)

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
A Northeast Gardener's Year