nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Inducing hardening-off

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Inducing hardening-off
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:19:10 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2006 9:11:35 AM US Eastern Standard Time, jfruth@uslink.net writes:

  A problem that I have with growing peaches here in zone 3 is that the
trees don't always harden off when they should.

I've wondered if spraying something like Etherel (sp?) to bring on early defoliation might cause trees to go dormant early. Any product that is used on soybeans to bring on early ripening which brings down the leaves might work.
The reason I've thought about this is kaki persimmon keep their leaves long after the American persimmon have fallen. Would they harden off faster and better if sprayed?

Jerry