nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Spraying fruit trees

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Spraying fruit trees
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:55:11 -0600

Shirley,

If you don't have a copy of the 2006 SOUTHEASTERN PEACH, NECTARINE AND
PLUM MANAGEMENT GUIDE you can see an on-line copy at
http://www.ent.uga.edu/peach/peach_guide/spray_guide.htm and it will give you a spray schedule.  Your spray should be done before bud swell so I would do it NOW, since you say the buds are already swelling.  Then follow the recommended sequence after the initial spray.  Brown rot has to be monitored and treated on a regular basis after its initial presence ids found.  The management guide will also tell you what can be mixed with what.  If you have anymore questions on peach spraying, shoot me an e-mail.  I manage around 1,000 trees in Northern Illinois and have just finished putting together our IPM program for the 2006 season.  Also check out
 http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/dp_hfrr/extensn/problems/pchbrnrt.htm for a good overview of a treatment program for brown rot.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com