nafex - [NAFEX] apple variety hardiness in zone 3

  • From: derry and bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apple variety hardiness in zone 3
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:48:54 -0800

Bernie,

I have a list of varieties hardy to zone 4 thanks to Tanis Cuff.

Do you have a list of varieties hardy to zone 3?

I have a customer who wants me to make an apple tree for her brother in Edmonton (I think he is IN Edmonton, not in the surrounding area).

She wants an Orin which is a Japanese Golden Delicious cross. It really has a honey flavour/aftertaste.

I know the problem is lack of snow some winters, but if I knew what varieties do survive in Edmonton, I could give her some guidance.

Thanks,

Derry