nafex - [NAFEX] Reinette Rouge d'Etoilee

  • From: derry and bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Reinette Rouge d'Etoilee
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:41:30 -0800

I just had a call from Topeka, Kansas, from a fellow, Tim Wray (pronounced ray) who wants a tree of Reinette Rouge d'Etoilee (apple). He has been looking for the variety for years.

I'm sold out, but I can't ship across the border anyway.

Is there anyone in the US with this variety of apple tree?

Is there anyone near Topeka who could graft a tree for him. He is a member of Nafex, but has never accessed this chat group.

I didn't discuss rootstocks or prices or anything except trying to find someone who would make a tree for him.

Failing the above, is there anyone in the US who would graft a tree of RRE for him. I'm sure he'll happily pay for the tree plus shipping.

If it were up to me and I was going to do the grafting, I'd take a deposit and keep the tree until the union is healed and the tree has grown roots and ship it to him in October.

He wants the tree so much, I'm sure he'll agree to anything ... within reason!

You can reply on this list or offline to me at <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>

Thanks to all those who reply

Derry

Derry Walsh and Bill Chase
Aldergrove, B.C., Canada, V4W 2E6
(604) 856-9316
http://derrysorchardandnursery.ca

  • [NAFEX] Reinette Rouge d'Etoilee, derry and bill, 02/13/2006