nafex - [NAFEX] check your refrigerator temperature

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] check your refrigerator temperature
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:53:51 -0800 (PST)

Scion storage observation:

I wonder how many refrigerators average a temperature over 40 degrees? The
NAFEX
list often enough discusses keeping fruits (& veggies, if one tends to forget
them &
let them rot) in a different refrig than your scionwood, because fruits &
spoilage
give off ethylene gas.

I get nervous, when I haven't collected scion yet, if the weather forecast is
for a
day or 2 over 40, but I bet most refrig.s are above that. No wonder scion
breaks
dormancy in storage!