nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Four to a hole?

  • From: "Dave Griffin" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Four to a hole?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:43:25 -0600

I don't have an irrigation system in place for these and I don't see a difference between them and the single trees in my orchard for water stress. When I do water, these in the row are a lot easier to do. I'm not an expert on irrigation and thankfully don't have to be in central MN, but if irrigation were necessary it would seem that this layout would require a less extensive system and perhaps be more efficient on a water/tree basis as the roots would be concentrated in a smaller area. Again, I'm not looking for production here, only for a few fruit to test and breed on but there is no apparent difference from a water standpoint.

Dave