nafex - [NAFEX] Red skinned or red fleshed pears?

  • From: Ray Kaminski <rjkaminski@charter.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Red skinned or red fleshed pears?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:57:02 -0600

Few day ago I asked if some one could direct me to a site where I could obtain some red pear scions. I am looking for red skinned
pear scions . I have 15 fairly young pear trees and have grafted various green types on them and would like to make my trees more attractive as a lot of people tour my orchard. A branch of red pears among green ones is a real show stopper if you have ever have seen one. One I am interested in is Red Rogue as I read that it is suppose to be a good keeper. I have Birne Red (red fleshed) but it also have not produced yet. Thanks-Ray