nafex - [NAFEX] Pawpaw "mango"

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pawpaw "mango"
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:11:57 -0500

You might want to consider the pawpaws http://www.petersonpawpaws.com/
developed by Neal Peterson (the founder of the Pawpaw Foundation
http://www.pawpaw.kysu.edu/ppf/default.htm)  He's spent 25 years breeding
and selecting pawpaws.  Most other named varieties were discovered in the wild.

I have discovered that many Pawpaws have a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste.
I never noticed this until my wife pointed it out.  Now I always notice it, and
enjoy Pawpaws less (*sigh*)

 <The discribtion sounds promising... however I'm not sure how the flavor
is compared to others... and on productivity. I Only have room for 3
pawpaw so I'm gonna plant sunflower, taytoo, and mango. So I'm looking
for the best varieties.>

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W