nafex - [NAFEX] new to list & blogging opportunity

  • From: "Roger Doiron" <roger@kitchengardeners.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] new to list & blogging opportunity
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:21:59 -0500

Title: Message

Hi NAFEX folks,

I am the new owner of a house, yard, and two yet-to-be-identified fruit trees.  I know that one is an apple and the other we think is a plum.  I’m looking forward to discovering them and what I need to do to them to make them productive through this list.

While I’m new to the world of fruits and nuts, I have experience in the parallel universe of vegetables through my work with Kitchen Gardeners International (KGI), a new nonprofit group that encourages and teaches people to be more actively involved with their food through gardening and cooking.

KGI would like to incorporate more “fruit and nut” info in what we do.  I’d like to extend an invitation to any of you who’d like to share your fruit/nut growing passion and know-how with others.  KGI is creating a network of food/garden/orchard bloggers who are locally rooted and globally concerned.  We currently have 18 people from 6 countries sharing their experiences online through words and pictures. We’re quite “veggie-oriented” for the moment and would like to see some fruit/nut lovers join the ranks of our amateur bloggers.

If you 1) love sustainably-produced food, both product and process 2) like to write and share your findings -- in the kitchen, garden or orchard -- with others and 3) take a decent digital picture, then this might be something worth exploring.

Here are a couple examples of what our bloggers are doing:

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/blogs/lisa/

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/blogs/darrol/

We provide the web space, blogging software, and limited training needed to get you up and blogging.

Please let me know off-list if you’re interested or have any questions.

Thanks,

Roger Doiron

roger@kitchengardeners.org

Scarborough, ME

zone 5-6 (depending on whose map you’re using)