nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Accurate well defined hardiness map.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Accurate well defined hardiness map.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:25:32 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2005 8:01:49 PM US Eastern Standard Time, megdanh@comcast.net writes:

   Here's my 2 cents worth.  I'm guessing that these maps are accurate and mean exactly what they say they mean.  They just don't mean what we want them to mean
.

Hi Dan,

You may have missed the question that started all this. They were looking for a map that had precise zone lines, defining the line between each zone. I assume they wanted a map that broke it down maybe county by county. You and I are both correct, my answer pertained more to why a zone map showing precise lines would be nearly meaningless. You also answered that indirectly while dealing with the basis for each zone.

Jerry