nafex - [NAFEX] Elderberry Recipes

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Elderberry Recipes
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:46:47 -0600

I'm serving roast buffalo, elk and antelope for Christmas dinner along with the usual ham and turkey. A couple of hunter friends contributed the game, as they invited themselves to dinner. With such richly flavored meats, I was thinking that an elderberry sauce might be good. Does anyone have a recipe for one or for any kind of intensely flavored fruit sauce? I'm open to suggestions, as I probably can beg or buy most any fruit. And, I already have wild blueberries, white currants and plums in the freezer.
Doreen Howard