nafex - [NAFEX] fruit in Georgia

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fruit in Georgia
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:32:51 -0600

I've only seen photos of Candy, but it looks remarkably like the Major pecan, which originated in the native pecan forest in the Green River delta, up here in KY, between Owensboro and Henderson.
Lucky:
They are about the same size but definitely different as I've grown both.
Topgun

P.S.
Dr. Grauke used to work for us at the LSU pecan station when I was Resident Director and we stay in touch.