nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw species propagation

  • From: bassem@gardener.com
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw species propagation
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:25:58 -0800 (PST)

I have a sugar apple "annona squamosa", I grow it in a container... It fruits
well for me with artificial pollination. I need to try crossing it with
pawpaw. If I tried getting pollen from the pawpaw flower and applied it to
the stigma of the A. squamosa, Would that be the common way? Is that usually
done at a sterile environment?
The flowers are much different. I always wondered if any one tried it. The
Annona might flower at different time than the pawpaw... In my greenhouse it
blooms early april... but may continue blooming until july... so I need to
test it next spring.

Bassem Samaan
zone 6 pa