nafex - [NAFEX] Shade and Ornamental Groups?

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Shade and Ornamental Groups?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:14:54 -0600

Hi again,
Could anyone suggest an organization or on-line group that is similar to NAFEX
but focuses on shade trees, shrubs, and woody ornamentals? I find plenty of
specific groups, like for lilacs, and other gardener groups, but I am looking
for
something more like amateur nursery folks trading cuttings and seeds. My
looking
around makes me more thankful for NAKEX, as I can get info on and plant
material
of many species. I would hate to have to join multiple groups to talk about
apples, pears, and plums for example. Ideally, what I am looking for is a
source
of info and plant material of some of thes cultivars listed in books like
Dirr's
tome.
Please advise!
Heron Breen