nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kiwi problem

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kiwi problem
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:06:48 -0500

Did it rain or did you water the vine around the time the leaves stopped browning? Sounds like drought stress to me. However, there could also be an infectious agent at work or even herbicide injury. If it is a mineral deficiency, it would seem to be specific to the Jumbo, assuming it is in close proximity to the other vines. I have seen a similar thing happen with one of my potted actinidia during a heat wave while out of town for a few days. However, the fruit did not shrivel, but just dropped.

Hal
zn 6 TN