nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear rootstocks again

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear rootstocks again
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:32:57 -0700 (PDT)

The past few years the Bradfords (and other callery
pears as well) have been getting nailed by fireblight
around here in central Missouri. So far, where I've
seen it, it's just a shoot blight that doesn't seem to
kill the tree, but some trees are starting to get hit
pretty hard. But, I am also curious as to how well
Bradfords would work as a rootstock for other pears.

zone 5b, first frost expected tonight.