nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear rootstocks again

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear rootstocks again
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:53:10 -0400

If the cultivars yo mention have any virtues other than being fireblight resistant, I can see someone who isn't worried about fireblight using whatever rootstock is best for their situation.  Maybe it's cheaper, maybe it likes their soil, maybe they like the size or some other characteristic of the rootstock.

Ginda