nafex - Re: [NAFEX] to fertilize blueberries

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] to fertilize blueberries
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:22:10 -0700

We’re all assuming that peat moss will be worked into the planting bed?

I agree, no strong nitrogen fertilizer at this time of year.  But I do work compost in as a soil conditioner, with the advantage of slowly releasing a broad range of nutrients.  I feel that organic compost doesn’t press the plant into early growth, but does provide nutrients as needed; but I suppose that would depend on the richness of the compost.

Stephen