nafex - Re: [NAFEX] preserving mulberries

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] preserving mulberries
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:48:07 -0700

They freeze very well, and mulberry jam is delicious. Generally, preserve
them just like blackberries.

Jam can need more lemon juice, as you want to use fully ripe, sweet,
mulberries - but there are mulberry-specific recipes on the net.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate