nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple suggestions

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 05:31:41 -0500

>Store bought apples we like include Honeycrisp, Gala, Winesap, Cameo.  Want apples that are good for fresh eating or drying. Storage ability can be moderate.  We don't do cider or a lot of cooking with apples, but if we had one that made good sauce as well as fresh eating that would be fine. (BTW, not fond of Macintosh, Jonathan, Red Delicious, or Rome type apples).

Suggestions or ideas?

Can you get to apple tastings in your area?
I did an tasted dozens of apples and posted my ratings of things grown here:
 https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex/2004-May/008061.html
There's always lots of surprises when you actually get a chance to try local apples.

Charlie Paradise, massachusetts zone 5ish.