nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jam, jelly and preserves

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jam, jelly and preserves
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:25:37 -0700 (PDT)

How about "Better-than-Jam"?

Actually, if you're looking for the customers who are doing web
searches, you might just add a couple of products to your lineup
that are proper Jam and Jelly, so get it on the web page and in
searches. When the customer arrives, then they can see the range of
products you have, and the text should make it clear the advantages
of a lower-sugar product. You can even educate the customer that you
can't call these other products Jam, that legally Jam must have 65%
sugar (yuck, by the way), but these fruit spreads are just like Jam
otherwise. And maybe some customers will buy the high-sugar
products...

While some might call this bait-and-switch, it's really just a process
of education - I would have no idea what to look for if I wanted to
find a jam that was lower in sugar.

Lisa in Ashland Oregon