nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ideas

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove currant ideas
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:04:07 -0400

Hi,

I use the recipe that comes on the pectin instructions for Red Currants.

Though I doubt you really need to add pectin to currants.

When I add pectin as instructed I got something a lot more firmer than jam or jelly. It is difficult to spread.

Currants are loaded with natural pectin, but i am not sure if it is enough to set up jelly.

Later,
Tom