nafex - Re: [NAFEX] strawberry question / sparkle

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] strawberry question / sparkle
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 05:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jerrydana5@aol.com wrote:
Also, does anybody know where I can buy either
> Sparkle or Senator Dunlap strawberries? Thanks. Jerry in southern Indiana

Jerry, below is where I got mine and we're are eating them as I write. I got
them because
of Nafexers' recommendation and we are very happy with them. Large upright
plants, with
enough cover to hide from birds and tall enough to keep them out of dirt - I
did not even
get to laying straw this year and it didn't matter. Big and Delicious!
Prolific runners -
so spreading the patch is easy. They had snow cover with minus 43 this winter
and came up
smiling.
http://www.fedcoseeds.com/trees/TreeItem.php?id=2430&listname=Strawberry
Del, z 2/3 n MN