nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Purslane germination

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Purslane germination
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:23:21 -0500

Purslane is one of the most common weeds in my vegetable garden. I never
planted it. I should probably put it to use since I know that it's edible,
but I seem to have an irrational aversion because it is soooooooooooo weedy
here. Not sure what the psychology involved is but maybe it'd be like
eating a dog or a kat ;-)

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI USDA zone 3.

PS: Strawberries are almost done--blueberries have begun--and my Evans
cherry (Bali is a stupid name, why does Bill M. think you just rename stuff
at will, I'd prefer to honor the discoverer) has given me a gallon so far
with several more on the way. Evans is one of only two tree fruits I have
this year that are bearing a full crop after a series of very hard late
freezes. The Vista Bella apple is the other one.