nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cherry budwood question

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cherry budwood question
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:33:25 -0700

Bob,

Since we live close to each other, I think I will follow your technique.  Can you describe your process in more detail?  I am interested in the size of the chip you cut from the budwood, the cuts you make on the rootstock, lining up the cambium, wrapping the bud, and early indicators of success.  Also, what other Prunus do you have success with in budding from July 20 to August 1?

Thanks,

Mark Lee, Seattle zone 8a