nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Glenndale gooseberry fan

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Glenndale gooseberry fan
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:29:23 EDT

Lee and all interested,

Though the question was not directed to me I will give my opinion, for what it's worth.

I think all three of these berries have a fair taste if used at the optimum time, none would rank as dessert berries, but that said all will grow and produce fruit where most of the "dessert quality berries" will not without a great deal of effort.They will produce pretty good berries that can be used in a number of ways. Glenndale and Invicta both produce very heavy crops but Jahns Prairie , like Captivator is not a great producer.

Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A