nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Thank You Apple Baggers

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Thank You Apple Baggers
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:35:55 -0700

I left out some important information - I have used a dormant oil/sulfur
mix, and a dormant oil/copper/sulfur mix. I use a light oil, more as a
carrier/wetting agent. It seems to leave the fungicidal minerals in contact
with the tree longer than using, say, a soap-based wetting agent. Here we
are likely to get rains even after the latest appropriate dormant spraying
time, so an oil-soluble spray - or a colloid of minerals in oil - has a
better chance of not washing away immediately. And it probably does take
care of the less noxious overwintering insects...

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate