nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Farkleberry

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Farkleberry
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:20:14 -0400

They are called Sparkleberries here. Unlike the years of my youth in the thirties, the yield is greatly reduced. The flowers do yield nectar, but in my location, it is fed to brood and I have only seen one yield of honey. I will try to get some seed. He would probably be more successful grafting to another vaccinium. I could supply some scions or better yet some root cuttings if he bears the shipping costs. No problem finding them on my land. I wish they would be more than a decoration and a pretty smell.
Doc
Zone 7/8