nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nurse limbs.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nurse limbs.
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:05:10 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2005 9:13:02 AM US Eastern Standard Time, lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu writes:

Jerry, I've been doing a few(less than 6) persimmons in this manner this year, and results have not been very good - though the scionwood I used for a couple of the grafts was of questionable viability - small amounts of a kaki variety from a friend in PA, and I'm thinking it must have gotten fried during the winter, before it was cut.  As is the case with scions grafted onto a single stem, you've got to check those 'nurse limbs' almost daily to keep vigorous shoots pinched back.
All in all, I've had much better success grafting onto a single stem and keeping shoots below the graft rubbed off .

Lucky

We are in complete agreement.

Jerry